Grace in the City believes that giving is at the heart of the message of the Gospel. John 3:16 says, "God so loved the world that He gave..." Money can be a sensitive issue in the context of ministry, but it is also one of the best determining factors on the disposition of our hearts, according to Jesus in Matthew 6:19-21:
"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
PEOPLE ARE MOST IMPORTANT
- As a ministry, people are the focus of everything we do at Grace in the City, not their money. We don't view things through the lens of a donor base, giving units or pet projects for those with money. We want everyone who comes to feel welcome, whether or not you give financially toward our cause.
FINANCIAL GIVING IS FIRST AND FOREMOST ABOUT WORSHIP
- Some people give out of duty, others give as an investment to get something back, but neither is the biblical mandate for giving. Giving is an act of worship between you and God and therefore should not be done out of compulsion or guilt.
WE PREFER TO SEE IT AS WHAT WE GIVE OUT, NOT WHAT WE BRING IN.
- Those who generously contribute to Grace in the City know that it is to benefit the people who walk in the doors and the community where we live. Plus we believe in supporting ministries and church plants nationally and around the world. For more on who we support check out our missions page.
LIFE ISN'T ABOUT MONEY, BUT IT IS NECESSARY IN SOCIETY
- We wish we lived in a Utopian society where we could get free use of facilities and unlimited free data packages on cell phones. But the reality is that we have budgeted items that need to be funded to keep things moving along. We're doing our best to work with a lean budget that reflects what we feel is important to God as we create our foundation in the inner city of Minneapolis.
OPEN BOOK POLICY ON FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Things are pretty straightforward. Ask us. We'll show you. If we can assist you in any way, please call us at 612-999-7991.